1. Tell us a bit about the type of music you play and about you as a musician?
One guitarist/singer, one drummer, one bass player. Two cups of classic rock, three ounces of acoustic. Whisk together until funky and soulful, then add essence of motown and folk. Bake for three to four years. Serve liberally sprinkled with harmonies.
2. What made you start with your music and when did you start?
We had all been in several musical projects previously, but fate brought us together almost four years ago at a rehearsal studio in Shepherds Bush. We hit it off, and the rest is history.
3. What is the best thing about being a musician?
Being able to share your inspirations and aspirations with people. When someone who has never heard your music before hears it and enjoys it; that is a great feeling. Basically, we all do it to show off.
4. What is your biggest challenge to your ultimate dream? (whether that is writing your own songs, making a living from playing in pubs/events, or being signed to a record label)
There’s not a lot of money in performing original material, unless you are at the top level of the industry, so we have to have “day jobs” we are committed to as well. It is also pretty difficult getting people to gigs!
5. What advice would you give to people wanting to follow their own musical dreams?
Believe in yourself, but accept advice and criticism. Wear your influences proudly, but never try to be too much like someone else; people are more likely to love originality than a clone of another artist. Be realistic, but don’t give up!
To listen to Red Rose Empire music, click here: https://myspace.com/redroseempire