It’s the actions you take in your life, which can lead to new opportunities, to a different future. But the question is which actions make the difference? Life is busy, there’s always lots to do, and it’s easy to spend your days just ticking off your ‘to do list.’ Yet, if you keep doing the same things, your life will remain the same. If that thought doesn’t thrill you, it’s time to start taking actions towards what excites you. Here are my thoughts on why this might just change your life.
You may not know this, but I have worked in the Accounts world for eighteen years now. The short version is that I started as a Bookkeeper, became an assistant Management Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Manager. The truth is that I have struggled with the full time Accounts world. Like any job there have been those unrealistic deadlines, the impossible workloads, and some pretty horrible bosses. That’s why I became a sole trader and started Masters Bookkeeping Services in 2008. It gave me better money and more time freedom.
A few months ago Paul and I sat down and he asked me, “What would make accounts really work for you?” and that’s when Masters Accounting and Training Solutions was born. The idea behind MATS is to bring it in line with the Dream On ethos; of supporting and helping companies make the most of their finances.
My first MATS client was a genius copywriter based in Dublin who needed support with their accounts. We have been working over Skype and the whole experience has been a revelation to me. I have loved it!
However, my first love is self development, taking actions towards a better future. That’s what Dream On is all about, and that’s what really excites me.
Over the past two years, I have made it my mission to learn everything I can about my relationship to money, how to manage it better, and how to earn it in easier ways. I have read books, and done courses to help me. There’s a lady called Marisa Nakhi (the Prosperity Goddess) whose work has been particularly instrumental in many of the changes in my life over the last two years.
While working with my client in Dublin, I became aware, that like me, their relationship with money, was not great. So, I asked if they would take part in a case study investigating ways to unblock unhealthy money patterns, and rebuild a good relationship with money. They said ‘yes’ and today we did our first session. We both loved it! I am now writing and training a course that I’m passionate about. This has opened up a whole new world of opportunity for me.
Here’s how you can translate my learnings into your own life:
- Write a list of all the things that inspire and delight you. If you don’t know what your passions are yet, that’s a good place to start;
- If your days are full of slog and hard work, find five minutes to do something which makes you feel good, whether that’s having a cup of tea, reading a book, or having a pamper;
- When you are at work and you have a list of things to do, make time to do the things which you prefer doing and be aware of how that makes you feel;
- If you have a curiosity about a topic or a challenge (health, wealth, relationship, career) take five minutes a day to speak to someone who can help you, or read an article, or a book that will teach you ways to overcome your challenge;
- If you really don’t want to do something (work wise or in your social life) ask yourself why? Ask yourself what you would rather do. Be aware of what it is you do want, and why;
- If you feel like you don’t have a choice in work or in your social life or in your finances, that’s ok, don’t beat yourself up; just make the best of your situation (if you can.) It’s the little victories that all add up,
- Start taking the little action towards things that excite and inspire you and you never know where that will lead you.
Here’s to your dreams!
If you would like to know more about Marisa Nakhi and her work, you can find out more here: http://deliciousmoney.com/